This script demonstrates the code to include in a script for a behavioural assay, such as aversion learning, that involves delivering a mild shock to fish.
INCLUDE ZSYS DEFINE ITI 5 DEFINE TRIALS 3 ACTION MAIN INVOKE(SHOCK,TRIALS) COMPLETE ACTION SHOCK SET(VOLTAGE_LEVEL,9000) WAIT(ITI) SET(VOLTAGE4,70) WAIT(ITI) COMPLETE
This script demonstrates how you can include mild shock in a behavioural assay for zebrafish:
- For setup instructions see the AD Tutorial, Pavlovian aversion learning.
- The shocking plates must be plugged in to socket CN5 at the read of the AD unit.
- In Action Shock you will see the voltage level is set at 9000 - the highest this can go is 10000
- After the unit waits for a predefined time, the unit generates a 70ms pulse.
- The shock plates arrive with a strip of LED lights attached. When testing the plates using a demo script, the LED lights will flash, as long as the voltage level is set at 9000 (and no lower). When running the actual experiment, unplug the LED lights so that these lights don't drain any of the voltage.
Here you can download the mild shock demo script as a .zs file. Right click on the download link below and download / save the file as a zanscript file, i.e. in the same format: mild_shock_demo.zs. Remember that the mild shock plates must be plugged in to the CN5 socket located at the top rear of the AD unit.
Script download: mild_shock_demo.zs