Experimental well plates
Available for Zantiks MWP, AD & LT
Y-maze plate - for use with zebrafish larvae, Drosophila and other similar sized organisms
- 15 wells (small), 4 wells (medium) or 2 wells (large)
- Can be made in either black, white or clear acrylic
15 zebrafish larvae in the Zantiks Y-maze well plate. Similar in design to Buchanan et al., PNAS 2015.
Light / Dark plate - for use with zebrafish larvae, Drosophila and other similar sized organisms
- 6, 12 or 24 wells
- 10 mm deep wells
- 2 covers for blocking light from the bottom and/or top of the plate
- Material options include:
- Black & clear acrylic
- Blue & red filters (can be used individually to give blue or red, or combined to give black)
Social interaction plate - for use with zebrafish larvae or other suitable organisms
Social interaction plate with a conspecific zebrafish larvae on one end and an empty control in the other. The subject fish is in the larger middle chamber.
Mirror plate - for use with zebrafish larvae or other suitable organisms
Embryo plate & higher resolution lens - for use with zebrafish embryos
- 96 wells
- 12 mm lens for zoomed in, region of interest view
Courtship / Aggression plate - for use with Drosophila or other suitable organisms
- 8 wells, 15mm diameter, 5mm deep, divided in half with a sliding metal barrier
- Secure lid
- Barrier removable to present subjects to each other
- Can be made in either black or clear acrylic
Two choice plate - for use with any suitable sized organism
- 12 'dumbbell' shaped choice wells & lid
- wells 15mm, connector 4mm wide, 8 mm long
- Plates can be made differently, so you have a suitable plate for your needs
- We can use clear, black and white acrylic (NOTE: IR lighting does not go through white acrylic)
7 individual aphids with food choice vs control ends.
Available for Zantiks AD & LT
- Plugs directly into the unit - no additional power supply needed.
- Allows for lateral presentation of images against 2 different walls of the unit.
- With the side screen sitting underneath the food hopper, the lateral presentation of images can take place in the same location as the delivery of solid food.
- Supplied with a black tank, which has a clear base and back wall, and a two choice insert which enables the screen to be split into 2 different zones.
- Operates in the same way as the built-in screen underneath the tank.
- NOTE: only one screen can be used at a time.
3D tracking unit
Available for Zantiks MWP, AD & LT
Allows for real-time tracking of animals in a three dimensional space (i.e., X,Y,Z coordinates)
- Fits neatly into the systems' testing chamber. No additional bench space used!
- Operates with the integrated camera. No need for additional cameras!
- Works with the Zanscript software without re-calibration or synchronisation
- Supplied with the tank, mirror box and IR sidelight
- Units for LT or AD systems include a set of mirror bite inserts for adult zebrafish studies
Contact us for your requirements for use with the Zantiks MWP.
Adult zebrafish in a mirror biting tank. Bottom shows a view of the fish from above and top shows a view of the same fish from the side. A mirror insert is placed vertically on the left side of the tank.
Adult zebrafish in a tank diving assay. Bottom shows a view of the fish from above and top shows a view of the same fish from the side.
Side view multi-tank stand
Available for Zantiks MWP & LT
- Enables for tracking and video capture from the side of the tank, rather than a top down view.
- Can be configured in a variety of ways to accommodate containers of various sizes.
- MWP SideView stand can hold up to 16 cuvettes.
- LT Sideview stand can hold up to 96 cuvettes or 15 cell culture flasks.
NOTE: We recommend using Kartell Labware 'visible range' cuvettes (cuvette code 1960, with 4 clear faces).
Zantiks MWP Side View Stand
Mosquito larvae during a startle response assay in the Zantiks MWP SideView stand.
Zantiks LT Side View Stand
2 adult zebrafish tracked in the LT SideView stand (timelapse).
Add-on equipment for Zantiks MWP
Extra LED colour for light plate stimulation
We offer a number of wavelength options including:
- Royal Blue (445 nm)
- Blue (470 nm)
- Green (530 nm)
- Amber (590 nm)
- Red (625 nm)
- Photo red (660 nm)
- Can be used in addition to or instead of the standard light stimulation plate which is included as standard with the MWP system.
- The overhead light stimulation plate can be used in a number of cases including:
- Providing specific wavelengths of light from above rather than below.
- To increase the amount of light of a specific wavelength by using both light stimulation plates from above and below.
- Switching between two different wavelengths during an experiment. One wavelength can be provided from above and another wavelength from below.
Please see the Assembling the Overhead Light Stimulation plate section of the manuals for full instructions on set up including video tutorial, connecting the LEDs to the side socket and links to the appropriate Zanscript support pages.
- Control of the temperature from 6°C below to 12°C above ambient.
- Powered entirely from the MWP unit and controlled from the Zanscript scripting language.
- A separate unit that easily connects to the MWP units.
- Allows for a greater range of control of air temperature compared to the standard temperature control system.
- Operates via circulating the air in the testing chamber.
NOTE: As it operates by moving air through the unit, it may be beneficial for some experiments (such as long-term or animals that require humidity) to use lids or covers on multi-well plates / petri dishes to reduce evaporation from the chambers containing animals.
Please see the Peltier temperature control for MWP page for instructions on set up.
Add-on equipment for Zantiks LT
Standard AD sized tanks and shocking plates
- Ideal for use in the LT system when wanting to standardise across Zantiks systems
- Increases through put
- Can be used for locomotor monitoring, operant studies, and aversion learning
8 x zebrafish Y-Maze inserts
- Can assess memory and cognition of 8 fish at once
Adult zebrafish in 8 Y-maze inserts in the LT system.
1 x rodent Y-maze insert
- Can assess memory and cognition of mice
- One animal can be placed in the plus maze at a time.
- Includes a black acrylic cover with a cut out to create darkened and light arms of the plus maze and a central zone.
- The cover can be rotated to determine which arms are dark and which are bright.
Adult zebrafish exploring the light/dark plus maze under alternating light and dark cycles.
Rotating climbing wheel - for use with Drosophila or other suitable organisms
- Can hold up to 32 tubes.
- Uses the built in motor to operate.
- The wheel rotates the vials 180° compelling the flies to climb towards the top.
Rotating climbing wheel with 15 adult Drosophila individually placed in vials.