There are five separate scripts for the Discrimination Reversal learning assay for adult zebrafish. The initial four scripts will shape the subject's behaviour to the needed response and the final script introduces the discriminatory stimuli. Simply reverse the colours in the script for the reversal learning step.
There is one asset you will need which creates the initiator, feeder and stimulus light areas.
See the protocol page, Discrimination reversal learning (zebrafish) for more details on the assay.
- Only the feeding area light is presented along with a food reward given. No behavioural contingency is used for this step.
- The 2 white stimulus lights are presented simultaneously. Either light entered will result in food reward.
- Only the initiator light is presented now and needs to be entered in order food reward to be given.
- Initiator light needs to be entered in order for both white stimulus lights are to be presented. Food reward can be obtained by entering either of the stimulus locations.
- Similar to step 4, but now entering the initiator light triggers two coloured stimulus lights. Food reward will be given when the 'correct' stimulus location is entered.
You will need to upload the asset into the Asset directory on your Zantiks Control Console and ensure the correct asset name is in the LOAD(DETECTORS,"name_of_asset") command in the script.